Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Soundtrack of My Life

Today's tune is from a group called Ghetto Cowgirl.  The song is called "Without Warning".  I came across these guys about 15 years ago playing in Long Wongs on Mill in Tempe, AZ.  Fell in love with their sound as soon as they started playing.  They only put out two albums that I know of.  This song is from the first album "Excuses for Losers".  If you can find it, I highly recommend getting a copy.  Well worth the money.


planes fly through and buses come
if I had cash I'd get on one
train would be just fine
is it geography
or state of mind that
makes me feel this way
I've had enough
this place bores me
my instincts insure me

if you drive me
fly me
do anything to get me out
not one more week 
if you buy me a ticket
i'll be gone in the morning
without warning
i'll just fade away

run away and never find
better places left behind
it's getting old again
the walls of paradise are closing in
I'm scraping up spare change
I'd like to leave
I can't afford it
my instincts insure that

if you drive me
fly me
do anything to get me out
not one more week
if you buy me a ticket
I'll be gone in the morning
without warningI'll just fade away

who can you trust?
who can you blame?
who can you count on that's never there?
open my closet door
watch skeletons pour
all I see is lies
that's no surprise

if you drive me
fly me
do anything to get me out
not one more week
if you buy me a ticket
I'll be gone in the morning
well if you push me
pull me
carry me away
I don't wanna be here
one more day
if you buy me a ticket
I'll be gone in the morning
without warning

I'll just fade away

..

No comments:

Post a Comment