Ok. So this past few days has been something of a roller coaster ride.
I spent Friday with a friend that I've made through one of the local groups I attend. We wound up attending a group meeting last Friday night as well. I drove her home and was making sure you got in her home ok to find out that her relative had locked her out and placed all her belongings on the front porch. Along with her possessions was a letter basically saying to go away and never come back.
I know this person. I've met the relative. I know the situation. At no point have I seen any reason for what happened. Luckily I was able to find her a room with a friend for the week so she at least has a roof over her the next few days. And she's holding up fairly well considering the situation.
I think what has both shocked and amazed me is that the people you would think would be willing or able to help, didn't. And those that you think wouldn't or couldn't, did.
My hope is that people know that I'll do everything in my power to help them when they need it most.
..
No comments:
Post a Comment