Thursday, January 5, 2012

Feeling A Bit Lonely

I joined Twitter on December 1st of 2011.  I was a bit apprehensive at first, not know what to expect.  But I've come to enjoy it.  I've had more "conversations" and laughed more in the past month than I have in the past 6 months in the real world.  I've also found that these small interactions have helped to improve my mood on most days when I do interact with others.

The only thing that really bothers me is that no one is really close enough to maybe actually meet for coffee or something along those lines.  But I do my best not to let that really get to me.  The interaction with others that share the same feelings and same emotions actually seems to be helping.  At least, that's been my impression so far.

And that's a huge thing for me.

I do attend a local DBSA group twice a week.  I also attend a depression group once a week.  And I go to the local clubhouse 3 days a week.  That accounts for about 15 hours of out-and-about time every week.  The rest of the time though, I find myself feeling even more alone.  The time actually spent around other people and engaging in conversation seems to really remind me how much alone time I have to myself.  Forcing myself to be more social has been hard.  There's been quite a few times in the past couple of months that I've had to talk myself into getting up, getting dressed and going to these functions.  But I think it's helping.

I hope it's helping.

No comments:

Post a Comment