Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Sense of Self

I think my biggest and longest lasting issue right now is that I have lost my sense of "self".  
I don't know who I am anymore.  I don't know what I actually feel anymore, if I feel anything at all.  I find that I don't have a true "passion" for anything, and don't know that I ever have.  


I have (perhaps "had" is the better word) friends that have professional lives.  Families.  Things that interest them that they pursue on a regular basis.  Simple things like being involved in groups that participate in pool tournaments.  Car clubs.  The types of things that people enjoy doing away from their workplace.  Things they have a passion for.


I don't seem to have that anymore.


I used to though.  


I've had long lasting jobs and what was a pretty decent career path going.  I've had hobbies.  I've had things that interested me.  But all that seems to be gone.  The past 2 years have brought me to the point of questioning everything I thought I knew about myself.  I no longer find any joy in much of anything the way I used to.


And that is what scares me the most at this point in my life.  No real feeling of joy or happiness.  No sense of direction.  No sense of purpose.  I exist on a daily basis.  Every day is the same as the last.  The daily schedule is always the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment