Thursday, June 21, 2012

What's Been Going On

So twitter is down, and evidently is down for everyone.  So I figured now would be a good time to write down a few thoughts about what's been going on for the past few weeks.

I guess the biggest news is that I've been doing some volunteer work 2 days a week for a local non-profit.  It's nothing difficult at all and it gets me out of the house for a few hours a week.  Basically, I'm picking up food orders from the local food bank and delivering the food to the food pantry at 3 different housing complexes.  Each one only takes a couple hours each to do, but I'm really enjoying it.  The one thing it has done is shown me how much I miss being on twitter!

And as I'm writing this, it appears twitter is back up.

So what else?  Hmmm....

I set up a skype account and got to talk with someone who's become a very wonderful friend.  I'd never used skype before, and I was pleased with how well it worked and how simple it was.  I think I'll be using it quite a bit!

Anyone who knows me knows that I'm very much a creature of habit.  I have my daily routines and don't really like when something or someone screws up that routine.  That being said, the OH was home sick all last week and a couple days this week.  Luckily, I've got things to do just about every day of the week, so it didn't interfere with my usual routine too much.  But she's back to work today and all is better.

The business of getting registered and enrolled for the fall semester  at the local community college is going very well.  I've been dealing with the OSD (Office of Students with Disabilities) on a regular basis and it seems to have taken away a lot of the anxiety I'd been having with the whole process.  So for that, I'm thankful.

Past that, everything else seems to be going as normal.

..

1 comment:

  1. Really a nice article. Your words shows that you love your work. its great to see that how you are working for changing the trends of the society .

    Psychiatrist salary

    ReplyDelete