Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Recently...

I feel like I started this with good intentions and then just up and abandoned it.  I'm sorry about that.  It was not my intention at all.  Just the past few weeks have been extremely busy and I haven't had a computer around to actually sit down and try to get words out.  That last part will be changing in the next few days.  I'll finally have internet access in my residence once again, and I will have access to a computer on a regular basis.

This makes me happy.

For now though, here's a quick rundown of why I've been neglecting my little piece of the world lately.

I've been helping a friend who recently became "homeless".  She was asked to leave her home and we basically had to put her in a friends home for a week until we found her a permanent place.  She's doing much better now.  Not great, but better.

The wife was recently diagnosed with Primary Biliary Cirrhosis.  Our first reaction was "But she doesn't drink!".  We have since learned that cirrhosis just means "scarring of the liver" and there's literally hundreds of ways to do that.  But the word "cirrhosis" is still very much a nasty word simply because of the connotation.

An acquaintance recently committed suicide.  I didn't know her very well, but it still hurts.  She projected such an image of strength that the news really floored a lot of us.  Just goes to show that you never really know what's going on in a person's life.

The interview I had a couple weeks back went really well.  But I wasn't offered the job due to being "overqualified".  At least they actually took the time to tell me something.  For that I give them credit.

I finally got a counselor.  I've only had 2 sessions so far so I'm reserving judgement for the moment.  So far, not bad.

That's it for today.  Hopefully I'll have a Soundtrack post in the next day or two, so stay tuned.

..

No comments:

Post a Comment